Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Love and Marriage

Well, Britney has sold her personal wedding photos to People magazine, bless her heart. Except they’re not really married, since they haven’t taken the trouble to get a wedding license yet, and in fact the whole thing may have been a big put-on. Just as well. Maybe when they’re “really” married, one or both of them will take the trouble to comb their hair.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I hate to judge a book by its cover, but it certainly looks to me like Chuck Floyd, running for Congress in Maryland’s 8th District against popular incumbent Chris Van Hollen, had enlisted immigrant day workers from the parking lot of the 7-11 to wave his placards at the corner of University and New Hampshire this morning. I’m just saying. He DOES endorse “guest worker visas”, according to his website. He also opposes gay marriage. His campaign office is also in the building where I work. I’ll get something on him yet.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
So Cat Stevens is being deported, after waltzing onto a plane even though he is on an INTERNATIONAL DO NOT FLY LIST. I guess you’re right, Mr. President, America IS safer! I guess it’s all right, the only danger Cat Stevens presents is the possibility that he might pick up a guitar and start singing.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I hate the Today Show. This morning Katie interviewed Ty Hensley, brother of just-slain hostage Jack Hensley. She ALWAYS gets to do the interviews with victims’ relatives, and she ALWAYS starts the interview with the I-don’t-really-care-but-this-will-make-me-sound-like-I-do question, “How are you doing”?

“Well, gee, Katie, my brother was just beheaded, how the f@#% do you think I’m doing, dipshit?”

Oooh, I’d like to get ahold of her shoulders and just shake and shake.

After keeping the camera on Mr. Hensley just long enough to watch him collapse into racking sobs, we then cut to Matt, who is interviewing White House Communications Director Dan Bartlett, who instead of answering Matt’s question, throws in a couple of administration talking points about the war on terror and tries to make them sound like he’s conveying the President’s condolences. Shameless.
Matt’s got some skeletons in his closet, by the way. I have it from more than one source. Not that there’s much room in the closet for skeletons, if you get my drift. I’m just saying.
matt

No comments: