Friday, January 06, 2006

Tina! Bring me the axe!

More on Mother Rubble - family lore records that, at age 2, riding the train from Columbus to Louisville, she sat on Joan Crawford's lap (what Joan Crawford was doing in Columbus OR Louisville remains a mystery).

What is a bigger mystery is how an idea that LSBB had never occured to me, being that I can quote any line from "Mommie Dearest" on command, like a drop-the-needle Music History test. In LSBB's boredom-induced fantasy, Baby Mother Rubble was actually adopted by Joan Crawford, instead of Baby Cristina, and this alternate Mother Rubble grew up hating the dirt and not Helga.

At this moment, LSBB is working up an impersonation of Mother Rubble doing all of Cristina's lines from Mommie Dearest, surely the best movie since...oh, Girls Will Be Girls, or The Best of Everything. When it's perfected, I'll see if I can't attach a sound clip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lord, have mercy.