Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Unemployable, continued

Okay, I'm starting not to get the joke.

Yesterday, having filled out an online application for a temp company, and having an interview appointment automatically scheduled for me, I received a call from girl-at-the-temp-agency-with-a-perky-name-that-probably-dots-her-I's-with-hearts.

Perky: "Hello, Bamm-Bamm? It's about your appointment tomorrow. I just screened your application and I'm sorry to say you don't meet our core requirements."

Me: "And those are?"

Perky: "Mid- to upper-level management, and data entry."

Me: "...um, that covers three of the five jobs that are listed on my application."

Perky: "I'm sorry, but I screened your application and you don't meet our core requirements."

I repeat, this is for temp work. Which a chimp could do.

Oh, plus, I'm petty and vindictive. The company was Apple One. Spread the word.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello I saw your posting on the Spar board, checked out your blog and see that you are looking for employement in the Jax area. I used to manage a temp agency and perhaps could direct you to two pretty good ones here in Jacksonville and give you some pointers.
When you put in an application if you want work ASAP put in a low salary $9-10 range at the low end will get you something tomorrow - higher than that will eliminate you from a call back. Also be flexable, even if you are not going to be. This will help you to at least get you an in house interview. Dress for an interview, yes that means a tie. This will help you if you would like more perm work or have other qualifications that you would like to get some temp work now and perm work later.
Two companies I can recommend as being good to work for and who work with good companies.
www.AlluvionStaffing.com and www.UltimateStaffing.com.
Good Luck