Friday, February 24, 2006

What am I doing wrong?

Okay, I know I've been gone awhile, but I've been busy trolling the internet to read other people's blogs, to see if if I could sort of hone my style, since I get no comments anymore and I suppose it must be my fault. And what I find is that most people are so desperately unhappy! Wives whose husbands ridicule them day at night and shout obscenities at them, and men in their fifties who are married with children and just now figuring out that they're gay, and people who have emotional meltdowns at work, like, three times a week, and the like.

Turmoil I can't even imagine, which means I'm either extremely stable, or in extreme denial.

But really, if Jet and I have a disagreement, we just work it out, and that's that. One of us will compromise, and then get our way the next time. Or, more likely, we will each give up SOMETHING for the sake of a peaceful resolution. Done. Neither one of us has any concept of dragging an argument out to ensure that we get our own way.

That just seems like common sense to me, why wouldn't EVERYONE do it?

And when something is wrong at work, which of course it sometimes is, I can't imagine having a meltdown about it, or hurling obscenities, or anything. I mean, either find a way to solve the problem or suck it up, it's really that simple, isn't it?

Am I missing something?

3 comments:

D said...

Hey! If we were all so happy, we'd have better things to do than spending all our time online writing about our lives. And the blogging world would be a very boring place indeed.

Not quite sure why I felt to need to leave a comment, other than you asking for one.

Anonymous said...

I disagree, Drew - I don't think people are blogging because they're unhappy. I think they're blogging because they're bored or they have a viewpoint they think everyone should know about (sometimes because they think the world revolves around them, so why wouldn't everyone on the internet want to know their opinion?). Others just do it as a form of self-therapy - regurgitating their woes to cleanse their souls. Whatever....we don't have to read it if we don't want to - the glory of free will!

anessa arehart said...

Hey TBB,

Bless you...and here's a tissue....not for the post...for your allergies...

Just for the record...I try not to spread the dread on line, you know...what good does it do?
You didn't miss anything.
Thanks for the comment.