Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Hooray for Hollywood

Little Sister Bamm-Bamm and her boytoy Ragu are fresh back from Hollywood, where they attended the premier of the smash new musical "Rock of Ages", starring Tenacious D alum (and special friend of LSBB) Kyle Gass ....and, "smash" might be a bit premature since it got a lukewarm reception from Variety but, oh well.

Despite ignoring my sure-fire advice on how to meet a celebrity (which involves going to The Brown Derby for lunch, spilling food on a celebrity, inviting them back to your hotel, disguising yourself with a fake nose and then lighting said nose on fire) they still managed to spot and mingle with lots and lots of B-and-below level celebs, and even a couple of A's.

We'll start with the two I'd be crowing about if I were them - Kathy Najimy and Jonathan Silverman. Kathy's husband is in the show, and Jonathan - well, I don't know what he was doing there, I suppose it's none of my business, really. LSBB reports that Kathy Najimy is funny and nice, just as I've long suspected.




Kathy's husband Dan Finnerty, as I mentioned, is in the show. I don't know why he's flipping off the camera, it doesn't seem awfully polite to me. Although, I'll allow the possibility that it's an eccentric habit, much like that of my father, who only refrained from flipping off the camera if the photo was taken at church (and even then I'm not sure what he might have been doing behind his back).




Emily Mortimer. I have no idea who she is.



Ditto with CC Deville of Poison and Jack Blades of Night Ranger. Though I have heard of Poison and Night Ranger.



And, from the "THEY still get invited to things?!?" file....Fred Dryer, of TV's "Hunter", and Toni Basil, of "Hey, Mickey, You're So Fine, You're So Fine You Blow My Mind" fame.

Fred Dryer, former football player, has a giant wiener. I've seen photographic proof.

Toni Basil looks like she smashed into Bjørk and the two of them merged into a single, unattractive being.



No comments: