Saturday, January 22, 2005

Snow Day!

Not that there was THAT much on the schedule, it being Saturday and all, except that we were planning to go see Kate Mulgrew in Tea at Five tonight...but Ticketmaster informs us we can have our tickets honored at one of two shows tomorrow, so we're staying in, mixing drinks for Floozy Flingland and watching Dino cavort in her first snow.

Unfortunately, having worked in a box office or two, being able to exchange our tickets for our choice of performances tomorrow tells me the show must not be selling well. A shame, as we adore Kate Mulgrew (gay men are perhaps the only people who like Captain Janeway and her ilk), and we love Katharine Hepburn, the subject of Tea at Five.

Thanks to all my peeps at Democratic Underground for all the kind words of encouragement, and I promise to try and be witty and insightful always, now that people I don't actually know are apparently reading. If you're linking from there, scroll down for yesterday's report. And here are a couple fo things I forgot to mention:

- Despite being caught without his wallet last inauguration, Dubya was again unable to conribute anything to the collection plate...though Dick did ante up. The proceeds, apparently, go to USA Corps.

- Rumor has it that Laura's hairdo cost $700. I achieved the same sort of look on Little Sister with a round brush and a blow dryer, when I was thirteen years old. She could have saved a bundle by coming to me (and one's mind reels at the hubbub that would have been created had a Hilary Clinton or, say, Therza Heinz Kerry been caught spending that much on themselves).

That's all for now. I've got to go learn an opera and figure out how to make a Bloody Mary that doesn't turn my stomach. Ta ta!

No comments: