Friday, June 23, 2006

Dogs at work

It's National Bring Your Dogs to Work Day, and so I've brought mine, which I planned to do even before I knew it WAS National Bring your Dogs to Work Day, because everyone in the prestigious scientific society where I work is gone to Boston for the Annual Meeting, except for me, Palsy, Poinsettia, Wendy the Lost Girl, Pregnant Rebecca, Sinthia, and the Phantom of the Eighth Floor, who hates dogs.

Dino is a perfect lady, of course, and Frito Joe is well-behaved unless I decide I need to go to the bathroom, or to the kitchen, or the fax machine, or anywhere besides my cubicle, which has been cordoned off with two recycle buckets and a trash can to keep the little darlings from running around the office.

Thus far we have endured a building-wide fire evacuation, an impending thunderstorm, and queen-of-inappropriate-discussion Palsy wondering aloud why Frito Joe was interested in her crotch, since "I'm not on my cycle". Classy.

No comments: